Sunday 11 February 2018

Trainning Week Trinity and University College Dublin


Hi everyone,

Quite the cold out there, no?! And what do we do? Write a blog post!

Naan that's not true, otherwise, with such a weather here I would post almost every day :)

So, we had recently the trainning week here. Very focused on business and more soft skills, such as project management or even how to manage an interview.

I am not a capitalist by nature but I have to say that business can be quite interesting and challenging.
When you're used to numbers and to analyse very difficult things as most of the things you deal with when doing a PhD in engineering you may tend to depreciate how hard it is to succeed at business. Truth is that it is really hard.

You need to have an additional set of skills (for good and bad). Lot's of people only use the good ones, lots both and lots only the bad ones. Even if you do not have any interest in business itself, the activity remains quite interesting from the psychlogical point of view.

The thing is that  this is a field that I do not know yet well. I read a lot about people ( all these major nd minor new entrepeneurs), and see many things but I didn't gather enough independent tought to be able to conjecture about it.
The training week was interesting because of that. Basically, I am still chewing my opinion on business and how to deal with it. Will I keep chewing my whole life? Thats the question.

Regarding work, same as always. Finishing a PhD in 3 years is quite demanding. You can see that by the lack of activity here. I feel that I cannot wrap my mind over anything else than the PhD for now. Still 6~7 months to go. I can see the light at the end of the tunnel :) lets see if it is a good light or a train to run over me hahah

Well, working on finishing research now...to start writing (or compiling) ASAP. Stressfull.

And the random ending notice of this blog is, please travel as much as you can. This is something that is coming a lot now in new generations. And why? Go out there find it ;) Ill talk about it in my next post. 

See you soon,
Rui

No comments:

Post a Comment